Friday, October 17, 2008

The Baby by George MacDonald

In celebration of God's gift of life to us I thought I'd post a poem. Yes, thanks be to God we are 7 weeks pregnant. May God continue to shape and bring health to this very wee little one. We feel honored and humbled to be granted to be stewards of this precious new life.

The Baby

Where did you come from, baby dear?
Out of the everywhere into the here.

Where did you get your eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.

What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.

Where did you get that little tear?
I found it waiting when I got here.

What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.

What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?
Something better than anyone knows.

Whence that three-corned smile of bliss?
Three angels gave me at once a kiss.

Where did you get that pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.

Where did you get those arms and hands?
Love made itslef into hooks and bands.

Feet, whence did you come, you darling things?
From the same box as the cherubs' wings.

How did they all just come to be you?
God thought about me and so I grew.

But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought of you, and so I am here.

4 comments:

Katie Jones said...

Hurray!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Ma Torg said...

I just saw this and wanted to congratulate you. After we visited you in September, my first comment in the car to Jesse was, "She's pregnant!" Very happy (for you) that my instinct has been confirmed. I am also glad you don't have to work through it. It is very hard in the first few months.

Beth said...

It is fun having others be happy for you. And Kelly, I guess you knew before I did :). Really, I don't think anything was confirmed yet at the time of your visit, though the baby probably already was conceived. Hmmmm...your senses are pretty darn astute!