I just made a posting frenzy. This is my fourth post in one day.
Explanation: We don't have internet at home, and so I only post when either at the library or at my husband's office. Though I usually go the the library every week, after renewing "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" today I don't think I'll be back until after Pascha. There are currently several books sitting next to the rocking chair and I will be happy if I make it through those by Pascha.
Disclaimer: I feel sometimes that I make myself out to be super-spiritual due to often posting about either the Church year or spiritual issues. I am in no way an authority on these issues.
Random blog tidbits:
1. Though spring is officially here according to the calander, Minnesota has yet to welcome her. It seems like winter and spring are daily battling and last week spring won, but this week winter has resurged yet again. March could be summurized with this pattern. Sun...snow....sun...icy rain...sun...below freezing temperatures
2. I started going to a BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) due to many friends in California having enjoyed this Bible Study. I will only be a part of it for a few months as it ends in May, and they don't have childcare until the child is 2 years old. My emotions rage high every week as I sit through the lecture and discussion and I am not completely at peace about joining. But, I don't really want to go into that. Reading the Bible is good and I am thankful for the structure to help me read it more.
3. Regarding the Kindle I did a little research. I realized the latest Kindle model won't let you download books if you aren't in the U.S. and secondly it will only let you download books in English. The first point is a major drawback for the future, so I am less motivated to save for this device at the moment.
4. The hospital pregancy classes have begun. They have made my husband even more wary of the hospital and I keep joking that I seriously think we will probably have the baby in the car en route. He is in charge of informing me when he thinks it is time to go, and I really do want to trust him with this. Yes, I have reminded him that we won't be able to monitor the baby's well-being at home and thus it really is best to go to the hospital at some point. If there are any midwifes reading this, Mankato, Minnesota would be a great place to set up shop!
Oh...and the Bradley method seems to measure the length of the contractions twice as long as every other source I've read. Meaning they say to measure only from the beginning to the peak and that they aren't good and strong until this lenght is 60-90seconds. So, that makes the entire contraction two to three minutes??????? Any advice here????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
From my understanding of measuring contractions, it is from the beginning to the end. Basically, when it peaks, though, it typically is the end as the mother starts relaxing.
If I recall correctly (my husband did do the monitoring!), when my labor was real strong, my contractions were 90 seconds to 2 minutes long. And that was from start to finish.
Hi honey,
I belong to BSF, and I enjoy very much. Father has encouraged me to attend. I use the Orthdox study and never get my doctrine from the BFS commentary. We are studying Moses this term. I ask the Lord to have my group leader ask me directly, if he wants me to share.
Miss you,
Nina
Nina,
Thanks for posting. That is a good idea not to speak unless the leader calls upon me. We are doing the study of Moses as well. I would probably enjoy it more if I had gotten a blessing to attend before doing so. Take care and enjoy that new grandbaby!
I hadn't checked your blog in a while. I'm glad your are reading the Art of breastfeeding and taking the hospital classes. I found them helpful. I felt a lot more confident beginning to nurse Emily after having read that book.
Post a Comment