Thursday, March 05, 2009

Η Μιτι μου τρεχει πολλα

We received a nice winter storm last week with a fresh 1/2 foot of snow, and along with it I got a pretty nasty cold. On Tuesday I slept for 4 hours in the afternoon and on Wednesday for 3 hours. Phew!

I hope to get back to a normal routine sometime soon, but this cold has been lingering for about a week and I am a bit afraid it has moved into sinusitis. Yuck. However, it did make me realize again how against a lot of medicine my dear husband is and in particular his aversion to antibiotics. Hmmm...I guess that means time to start researching alternate therapies for childhood illnesses as I know bouts with things like ear infections and respiratory infections are pretty inevitable. Either that or somehow convince him regarding the benefits of occasional and appropriate antibiotic use.

The weather is tempting us again with spring with the snow melting this week, but I am afraid to get my hopes too high. Anyway, I don't think I'll be posting much in the coming weeks due to Lent. Just FYI. Also, next week we will be again traveling to St. John Chrysostom monastery in Wisconsin.

Interesting, I didn't realize blogger would let me write in Greek. Now, I just have to learn how to make the stress marks. (translation: my nose runs a lot).

2 comments:

Ma Torg said...

Garlic ear drops are fantastic for ear infections. We used them on Edmund once and it cleared his ear infection quicker than antibiotics had with the time Lucy had one. Really amazing. Of course, you stink for a bit but only if you're up real close.

There is a great homeopathic medicine for sinus infection...I totally forget what it is called but I think is Sinollicitus or smthg like that. It comes in a white box with an orange strip.

The Monkeys Sneezles for kids is great for colds/flu type things.

Oil of Oregano is a natural antibiotic but incredibly nasty. I want to research adn see if taking it in pill form is as affective.

Artimom said...

Hi Beth. I hope you are feeling better. I went to a baby shower today and thought of you.
Have a blessed lent and a good trip to the monastery