Eleven days until I arrive in Melbourne.
Nine days until I depart from Kansas.
It is nice to be preparing for this new adventure, after being uncertain about it for awhile. The timeline has not happened as speedily as I would have chosen. However, this time in Kansas has been lovely, and I'll still make it to Melbourne for the last week or so of summer :).
I think my nursing experience here in Kansas has been somewhat helpful as well. I transitioned from being a spoiled, UCLA, ICU nurse, to working at a small, hospital in Topeka where I probably burn 10x more calories a day :). In my opinion, many of the patients should be in intensive care, but instead they are cared for on the floor, and this puts a lot more stress and responsibility on the nurse who has 5-7 instead of her usually ICU 1-2 patients.
I have a feeling Aussie nursing will be more similar to this than to all the resources that were available to me at UCLA. I will be in intenesive care in Melbourne as well.
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day.
HI Beth,
I'm glad working in Kansas has been good prep for your Ausie post. I almost called you today with a health related question...swollen axial lymph gland...but after reading online, I decided it's probably nothing to worry about at this point. I look forward to seeing you next week.
Post a Comment