Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I think baby is waiting for Pentecost...

New theory: no baby until after Pentecost (this year Sunday, June 7th). Baby shouldn't usurp the coming of the Holy Spirit, right?

Cool fact: Pentecost is the actual due date. Not a bad due date, I must admit.

Well as every day passes I feel more and more ready, and there are less things on the possible "to-do" list giving more time to potentially do what is most important and simply wait for God's perfect time and commit our lives to Him. My mom suggested horseback riding and strawberry picking...but neither seem very feasible to me, though I told her maybe I would go imaginary strawberry picking due to it being May and it being Minnesota. For now, I will simply try to walk home from the doctor's clinic.

Things have seemed to slow down. These contractions are either less than before or I've just ceased to pay such close attention to them. Today the doctor reported I'm still 2 cm. dilated and the baby is at -2 station.

So...we wait. Not a bad thing to be doing the week before Pentecost :).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for the baby to come. I've been praying for you, Beth. - Sara =)

Ma Torg said...

I 'slowed down' with each kid before giving birth. Especially Edmund. I never knew how far I was dilated with any of them, though. I think that helps with the impatience factor!

Looking forward to a birth announcement!

Jen said...

Congrats on baby's birth! A Pentecost baby; hooray! Right on time. Not too shabby for a first born.

I am eager to hear all the gory details of the birth story when you're up to telling them. Although, who knows when that will be if you don't have internet access at your home. :o( I guess I'll have to work on being patient.

Ma Torg said...

congrats, beth! just heard the news!