How did my mother ever have four children in five years? I am asking myself this question today as I am finding that every week my energy level is decreasing and small little things are becoming more overwhelming.
This morning I went to the gym, Target, the post office and the grocery store. I am feeling too tired to put the groceries away, clean up, and get a shower...much less to study Greek, plant the few annuals and basil we bought yesterday or get some laundry done.
What if I had to do all this with three little tots running around? Phew!
But then again, I am "late" in having children. My SIL said her 4th pregnancy which was in her early 30s was much more difficult than her other 3 in her early to mid twenties. So, let that be my excuse for being overwhelmed jst thinking about the little things that I should be doing.
I think if I ever do have four little ones like my mother, I'll ask my mom to come 3 weeks before the due date to help, and not as long afterwards. A friend from church who is expecting her third in three years just had her mom fly over from Lebanon and she is still in her 2nd trimester. She said she always feels more tired in her last trimester than after the baby....we will see.
Monday, May 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad to hear you are proceeding so well with your pregnancy. Yes, exhaustion does creep in the last month or so, but enjoy all the rest you can get now before things get real lively in your household.
Judy
Hang in there Beth. In my experience, life is easier and more rewarding with the baby on the outside. You are going to make such a terrific mom. It is such an amazing experience to be a mom, I am so excited for you and I can't wait to meet your precious little one when he or she arrives.
My experience has been that God gives grace sufficient for each new stage. The struggles change, you adapt and grow with each.
Beth, you're almost there! I'm headed back to Indonesia soon, so I might not be in the States when your lil' one arrives. I just want to wish you the best. Know that you're in my thoughts.
Big hug,
Kathy
Post a Comment