I feel obsessed right now with exercise. Maybe that is because we have been out of a normal routine.
I want to:
-Get a membership to the University Recreational Activities (swimming pool and full exercise class schedule are what I'm mostly interested in). It is a great deal for faculty and faculty spouses.
-There is a Curves right around the corner that I am very tempted to go join. They have a special right now, and also our insurance would pay 2/3 of the monthly fee. Any opinions on Curves would be appreciated. The goal would be to work out here three times a week.
-The University is 2 miles away, and I try to walk there everyday, as I have been studying for the National Nurse Practitioner Exam in the library.
-Do daily evening exercises (10 minues max) to work on a few body areas that have always been problematic.
-Oh, and my husband wants to train for a marathon in Minneapolis next June. We enjoy running or swimming together (our favorite spot right now before it gets too cold is a local lake), and I think we will try to do some kind of exercise together everyday. However, I have not committed to the marathan race myself!
I have always been one to exercise at least a moderate amount, though I have always had certain trouble spots on my body (namely, hips, hips, hips). So, I would like to try to find some routine that would actually help this problem more.
Any ideas will be gladly received.
No tv videos though; I don't see us getting a tv in the next 5 years :).
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment