It is so quiet here. You fall asleep to the sound of crickets every evening. It is to be cherished.
I arrived back home in Mayetta, Kansas this evening. Phew....yes, I am keeping up my reputation of being one that flutters from here to there. My schedule for the rest of 2008 is as follows:
-Now to November 16ish (no return ticket as of yet): Kansas
*Yiannis visits in 2 weeks and we plan to squeeze in a road trip for the weekend to my family in Indiana
-November 16ish to December 6th: Los Angeles
-December 6 to beginning of January: Greece
-January 2008: Los Angeles
-Summer 2008: possibly move out of California to wherever Yiannis gets a post-doc or teaching position, but that is far too way to be talking about much at this point.
Address in Kansas:
David and Mary Hupp
c/o Elisabeth Hupp
17009 S. Rd.
Mayetta, KS 66509
785-966-3112
Cell: 206-349-0316
Now that I am back in the Northern Hemisphere, do feel free to give me a call.
I enjoyed every minute in Melbourne, and would make the same decision to go again in a heartbeat! Being an underpopulated place, they like their immigrants, and the common question when leaving is, "When are you coming back?" Hmmm....it is quite the tempting place to settle, but most likely I will never set eyes on that continent again.
I will try to post more later regarding reflections from Melbourne, but upon arriving in Kansas, I have already restarted the whirlwind of wedding details, will be working through a nursing staffing agency a few days a week, and of course, I dream of getting in shape and making time for Greek. And I worked up til two days before I departed the country, so forgive me for my lack of posting of late. Leaving involves cramming in last-minute touristy things, saying good-byes, paperwork (taxes, etc) and packing.
Yiannis and I did make time for the Great Ocean Road (Runs along the Southern coastline) and Phillip Island where we witnessed the famous, penguin-parade. Sorry, no pictures were allowed to be taken of the penguins.
Hmmm....what ocean are we standing in? Can you see Antarctica?
Yiannis did most of the driving, but I braved one very, small stint on a pretty, deserted dirt road :).
No comments:
Post a Comment