
I just want to give you my wishes for Pascha.May that we love God more these days and always, keep a warm heart toforgive others and celebrate Pascha in this spirit.
Of Yiannis and my few Australian acquantainces no one wanted to join us for a 3:00 am Paschal celebration ;), but all our food preparations are still at Yiannis apartment as we ended up accepting an invite from a Greek family last night after the Liturgy. It was nice experiencing the Greek traditions in a Greek home and I am finding the Greeks hospitable. I think it is because they feel for Yiannis having a American girlfriend who has no idea how to make all this Greek food :)!
Yiannis has also been looked after by a Greek family he made contact with here in Melbourne because of them both having a relationship with Father Theologos in Greece. So, today we are off to their parent's home for me to experience my first lamb on the spit. Thanks be to God for all this hospitality! We were also sent home with lots of pastries from other Greek ladies at church last night.
May I learn to be as warm as the love I have been receiving. Yiannis does have a 2nd-generation Greek/New Zeland officemate who we will be having over on Holy Monday. Though he didn't want to celebrate in the early hours of the morning, it will be nice to celebrate with him as well.
I learned the Paschal hymn in Greek before church last night, and I am glad I did! It was sung many, many, many times and it was nice to be able to join in the singing.
"Christ is Risen from the tomb, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the graves bestowing life."
Of Yiannis and my few Australian acquantainces no one wanted to join us for a 3:00 am Paschal celebration ;), but all our food preparations are still at Yiannis apartment as we ended up accepting an invite from a Greek family last night after the Liturgy. It was nice experiencing the Greek traditions in a Greek home and I am finding the Greeks hospitable. I think it is because they feel for Yiannis having a American girlfriend who has no idea how to make all this Greek food :)!
Yiannis has also been looked after by a Greek family he made contact with here in Melbourne because of them both having a relationship with Father Theologos in Greece. So, today we are off to their parent's home for me to experience my first lamb on the spit. Thanks be to God for all this hospitality! We were also sent home with lots of pastries from other Greek ladies at church last night.
May I learn to be as warm as the love I have been receiving. Yiannis does have a 2nd-generation Greek/New Zeland officemate who we will be having over on Holy Monday. Though he didn't want to celebrate in the early hours of the morning, it will be nice to celebrate with him as well.
I learned the Paschal hymn in Greek before church last night, and I am glad I did! It was sung many, many, many times and it was nice to be able to join in the singing.
"Christ is Risen from the tomb, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the graves bestowing life."
1 comment:
Indeed He is risen!
I just woke up about 30 minutes ago...It is 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I got home from Pascha service and celebration around 4 a.m.! Orthodox fast but then they certainly feast!!!
I'm clicking my red Pascha egg towards you Beth! =)
Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen! Cristos Anesti!
Post a Comment