I received notification of my "nomination number" yesterday evening which gives me to go ahead to complete the final step of getting to Australia.
And it has been QUITE the process.
I filled out the final application this morning, and at the same time accepted a 6 hour nursing shift for the afternoon. Well, of course, it took me longer than expected, and I rushed out of my house to make two needed stops before work. As usual, being in a hurry was pretty detrimental.
Five minutes later, I was ice skating while sitting in my car, and promtly landed in the ditch. Hooray...it had to happen sooner or later on these ice-ridden, dirt roads :). I was going pretty slow, and though I knew I was sliding, I thought I could continue to slide around the corner. Instead, I did a 360 turn and barely missed hitting a stop sign.
But the virtues of Kansans didn't take long to manifest themselves, as soon, I had three men, and three trucks pulled over and with the help of some chains and a truck, in ten minutes I was back on the road again.
So, now I am sitting in Kinkos, and though there is a small question I have before I can "lodge" my application, I will still be at work on time and hopefully will be looking for airplane tickets tonight. Lord willing, this part of the visa process will go faster.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment