Monday, February 06, 2006

The two most interesting "conversations" of the day.

Conversation One:
Nurse one: Did you pick up on any Italian while you were in Rome?
Nurse two: Yes, one in Rome and one in Venice.
Nurse one (thinking to herself): What about the grammatical structure of my sentence did she not understand to come up with such a horrible understanding of what I was asking?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Conversation Two:
Nurse is walking briskly to the bus stop.
Man is standing outside restraunt smoking.
Man: "Help, help I am having an asthma attack."
Nurse looks bewildered at the man, does a quick assessment, and then looks quizzically at him due to his lack of respiratory distress.
Man: "You are so gorgeouos."
Nurse smiles humorously at her false reaction to the man's cry for help.
Man: "I love that smile. You just made my day."
Nurse: Walks quickly away having enjoyed the humor and the compliment. It is nice to be admired, especially when you don't feel the least bit attractive at the end of a long day in the ICU.

No comments: